Sunday, March 6, 2016

Happy Leap Day!

Hi family! 2/29/2016      Happy Leap Day...

 I told my comp that we should leap everywhere today, but she wasn't sold on the idea. 
Anyway, here's what's been going on here.
We went to the temple! Me and my comp had a really special moment there together. First, we were doing the work for someone who had been waiting 5 years between her baptism and endowment. I felt so lucky to do it, I could just imagine how grateful and happy they must've been! Then, we went into the celestial room and we just chatted. We talked about our area and really felt like we received some guidance for some of our investigators. And then we just sat there together. I felt like I've known my companion for forever and I just know we were friends
before this life. I love that girl so much! After the temple, we had our district meeting and at the end, we did a flan suck... Which did not go well. Almost puked and laughed it back up. But it was funny.
Found a hippo on the side of a school, so that was awesome  and of course had to take a picture of it! Smiling face with smiling eyes


Also, they finally started the new chapel in Alcobendas and I was blessed to go! I saw my converts there, so cute. C and K and D. They're all so happy. Love them. Anyway, so cool to be there and see everyone and be a part of it all. So here is a picture of us with the golden shovels.




Anyway, here's the cool story of the week. So we are leaving English class and it's late. My comp gets this strong impression to talk to
this lady, but I didn't hear her say she was going. So I look back, and she's on a different street, so I run to catch up and I stayed on the other side of the street because of traffic. So I'm waiting. She
starts talking to this lady and says, I just felt like I needed to talk to you. Are you ok? And she started to cry and explained her horrible day. Well, while I was waited on he other side of the street, up walks a guy named H and asks if we are Mormons and explains that he recognized us because his grandma used to meet with missionaries when he was little. Well I talked to him and he said he wants answers from God because he doesn't know what to do with his life. So we met and had an awesome lesson with him. We taught him about prayer and he Holy Ghost. Well, he wanted to know if he should go back to his country or stay here. So we taught him what to do and
he called us yesterday and said he received an answer that he should stay. So cool. We're so excited for him! He really likes the Book of Mormon so far too!

Anyway, I love you all. I hope you have a great week!
Hermana Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment