Sunday, February 14, 2016

great blessings

2/8/16 Hola Familia!
I'm ok, I love my new comp. She's the best! We have been working really hard this week to find because we want to have a baptism this transfer even though it's only 5 weeks, but we know that if we do our part, the lord will do his! We are talking to everyone, praying lots and being as exactly obedient as possible and so far so good. We've already seen some fruits of our work. I'm so so so thankful to be here with Hermana Charlesworth, she's a great addition to the ward.

So, this week we had a mission tour with Elder Moreira of the Seventy and it was really amazing. He talked about obedience and humility and I really learned a lot. And then, we had the blessing to hear from him two more times at the end of the week when he taught us at stake conference. The first night, all of the speakers talked a lot about obedience, sacrifice and the family. Something Elder Moreira said that I really liked that really made me think was, "Cuanto más obedientes
somos, lo más sacrificio el señor va a exigir de nosotros" so, the more obedient we are, the more sacrifice the Lord will require of us. It was interesting to think about that. It's true, the more
commandments we follow and the more obedient we are to the Lord, the more we have to sacrifice, but Elder Moreira promised that sacrifice for the Lord is always worth it.

At the stake conference, I got to see K, my investigator from Alcobendas and her two kids. They have since been baptized, but this is the first time I had seen them. She could not thank me enough for finding her and helping her and her family come into the gospel. She told me she is currently waiting to receive her patriarchal blessing 
and preparing to go to the temple for the first time in May and will be sealed as well. And it hit me... I will be here in May! I felt so blessed to have made the decision to stay and can see now why the Lord had impressed me to accept the invitation from President to stay. She invited me to go with her to the temple and of course told her I would not miss it for the world! So things are great. We're working hard and I sincerely love my companion. She is absolutely wonderful and we do so well together. Expect to hear about some miracles! I know we're gonna see great things  this transfer! Have a great week! I love you all! Hermana Griffin PS Happy Birthday, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment