Saturday, December 26, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas!
Things are good here in Barrio 4! It's been a great Christmas. Yesterday, for Christmas Eve, we spent the day with President and the missionaries in Madrid. It was really wonderful. We had a special devotional with Christmas music and the Christmas story from the Bible and Book of Mormon and quotes from prophets and apostles.
  
 Super great 
and then after, we had a gift exchange and then we sung on the steps of the temple. It was really great to be with everyone again even though I feel like I don't know anyone after being in the islands.
After, we went to K's for dinner. Her and Hermana Valverde made Peruvian and Ecuadorian food. Super yummy!



 Papa Noel came and brought their kids gifts and brought us new pajamas too haha.
After we shared a message. I started  thinking at the end of the message, how blessed I've been the last two 
Christmases. Last year, I spent Christmas Eve caroling with missionaries and giving out pass along cards in the center of Alcobendas. This year, I was with a wonderful family
teaching them about Christ. I love being a missionary during Christmas. I'm going to miss it so much, but have been so blessed to spend two Christmases forgetting about material things and thinking about Christ and the spiritual growth of others. What a blessing.
   We have a new investigator named D. He is from Liberia. He's a Jehovah's Witness that some hermanas in the islands had contacted and taught a bit. He is currently reading the Book of Mormon and loves it. He is finishing Jacob right now and is obsessed with the parable of the olive tree. Anyway, we were teaching a lesson and a man walked up and started talking badly about the Book of Mormon. D picked up his Book of Mormon and started testifying to this man that it is another testament of Jesus Christ. He was even quoting parts of it. Coolest thing ever. After, we went back over Moroni's promise and D said, "I know I can read and ask God if it's true and he'll answer. That's what Joseph Smith did, he asked with faith and God answered. I can do the same." So basically he's just really prepared.
  
CCM group 1 year later
Bueno, one quick thought someone shared with me this week that I thought I'd share with you. What if Jesus Christ lived where you live?
Would you be willing to invite Him to visit your home? I have no doubt that every single one of you would. There is a promise to missionaries in the scriptures that says, "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." The Lord himself has said, those who receive his missionaries, he will be there also. So if you want to invite Jesus Christ into your home, invite the missionaries. They are the representatives of our Savior Jesus Christ in your area. How cool, no? A lot of the time, we forget how important the missionaries are and the work they do. Invite your missionaries over!     Anyway, this week has been good. I'm loving my area, working as hard as I can. I wish I could be with you for Christmas, but would not change what I am and what I'm doing for anything. I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and are able to enjoy it with your family and friends and also remember the true purpose for celebrating. Love, Hermana Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment