Sunday, December 13, 2015

Good news, transfers

Hola Familia!12/07/15
    Ok, good news. First of all, president asked if I could extend, then transfer dates got changed, then I followed up on it and he had to ask permission, but long story short... Permission granted, IM EXTENDING!
So Merry Christmas to me Smiling face with smiling eyes 
   Second, transfers are today and I'm leaving to Barrio 4 in Madrid. That's like the sad part actually because I'm leaving a huge piece of my heart here, but the bright side is, Hermana Ross is in my district and I think there is a chance we may end in the same district together which has been my dream since we were in training together in Alcobendas. Also, I get to go to the temple now! Woohoo!

So yeah, I leave this afternoon for B4 which is kind of freaking me out, but at the same time I'm really excited to be going back to Madrid. I will not be sister training leader anymore, which is a
little sad, mostly I'll miss concilio, but it's nice to take a break and be on the other side of it all. My new companion is Hermana Valverde. I know just about nothing about her except she is 30
something, from Peru and really hardworking. I'm ready to learn lots from her.
   Anyway, this concilio was amazing. I felt like I learned so much. We talked about the importance of leaders and also the attitudes we have in all aspects of the mission. It was great. I felt like it was a
great way to end my time as a sister training leader. I love the opportunity that I've had to be instructed by and participate in the leadership of the mission. Also, while in Alcobendas, after concilio, the ayudantes took us to get Burger King and then to the office. One year later, dream accomplished of seeing the office. Less exciting than I thought, but still awesome.
I mailed my Christmas package home, just so you know. Expect that soon. mom, you'll have to distribute that all somehow
B family  ferret
    So, saying goodbye to the B was the hardest part for me. They honestly have become my family here. Every one of them was bawling as I said goodbye last night, me included. I just have to come back and see them, I love them so much. It was just a really strong spiritual moment and I loved being able to end with a kneeling family prayer. I could not have asked for a better way to end my time with them. I'm not worried about them, I know that V has a super strong testimony of this church and will be baptized soon enough.

M is ready for her baptism on the 19th and it makes me sad to not be here for it, but i know it'll go well. 
D was crying saying goodbye too! So sad to leave him, but he assured me that he'd be  emailing me lots and updating me on lessons and such. He's still doing great here and progressing super well, love that kid. 
    Ok, not much else. Just something I wanted to share from my studies.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me,
the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these
shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

If we have sufficient faith in Christ, we can do great things, even
miracles, things like unto that which Christ has done and even
greater! How amazing is that? That just shows the importance of faith
in Christ. We can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth us!
Not only faith is necessary to see miracles, but also sacrifice.
Sometimes I don't think we fully understand what sacrifice is,
sacrifice means something above and beyond the minimum. The Lord asks
us to obey what he commands. We know that blessings are based on
obedience to the laws upon which they are predicated, but as we
sacrifice and go that extra mile, go above and beyond, we are even
more blessed and that is truly when we see not only blessings, but
miracles!

I hope you all have the chance to see not only blessings but miracles
this week! I love you all! 
Have a great week!             Hermana Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment