Monday, November 17, 2014

spiritual giants



Hello Friends!
 I made it to the CCM! I’m in the Abinadi District. We currently have 46 missionaries here. We have 4 French speaking missionaries, 9 Russian speaking +33 Spanish.. We have missionaries from all over the world, currently from England, New Zealand, Albania, France, Canada and the US. Mi compañera es Hermana J. She’s the absolute best. I met her when I was picking up my visa for Spain & I hoped we’d be companions. I’m so blessed to work with her. We constantly strengthen each other and encourage each other to do better. We teach so well together & enjoy every moment we have together.
Every Saturday we are assigned a temporary companion & go teach in one of the most common & popular parks in Spain. Even with our little knowledge of Español we are able to teach so much, without a doubt because of the help of the Holy Ghost.
The food is so good here! I’m sure I will gain so much weight in the CCM, but that’s ok. Seriously delicious and I hear the CCM food isn’t as good as typical Spanish food. The soup is strange though. They cook any vegetables & then puree them so its soup consistency. But, they do the same with the fruit and make juice and it’s delicious!
The teachers & atmosphere in the CCM is unbelievable. There is music every morning & night that plays throughout the building. I love, love, love, going to sleep to the Mormon Tabernacle choir singing “Abide With Me”. My district is so great too. Elder K our district is so funny& keeps us all focused as well as being related to Spencer W and Heber C. Elder Kn is 24 and is from England and has been a member for just over one year. Elder P and Elder S are the zone leaders for the whole CCM. Elder P is a totally a Cali. “surfer” guy. Elder S is 6’7” and is like a big brother even though he is just barely 18 years old! Hermana F and Hermana W are the music coordinators. Hermana F is 20 and is 6”2”. She is my favorite! She is my go to person for everything, especially spiritual things. She’s so sweet & such a great friend and missionary, her parents are mission presidents in the states too! Hermana W is a sweetheart . Next week they will get a 3rd companion Hermana O’
I’m so blessed to be here with these wonderful people. Our district set a goal to bare our testimonies this past fast Sunday in Spanish. Here it is for you all. It’s pretty simple, so if you need to, I’m sure Google translate will be fairly accurate.
“Yo sé que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial. Yo sé desuchristo es mi Salvador. Yo sé que el  Evangelio de Christo es verdadero. Yo sé que tenemos un profeta hoy. Yo sé que a través de la oración podemos recibir respuestas a nuestros preguntas. Le estoy agradecida a mi padre celestial por este conocimientos. En el nobre de Jesucristo, amen.”
I love you & pray for for you often. Thank you for your wonderful e-mails. If you’d like to write to me, mail is better because I have more time to write letters; then to read e-mails y respond I love you have a wonderful week!              Hermana Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment